Water Polo at Tooting Bec Lido
Weekly water polo sessions
7.45pm every Thursday from 7 June.
We have the fantastic Jim Boucher providing coaching to build up
ball skills and act as referee for a friendly game.
Open to all levels of skill and experience – come and give it a go.
These coached sessions are mixed gender and for all abilities and
ages, whether you are a seasoned player or an absolute beginner.
Official start: 7.45 pm but aim to get there for 7.30 pm and we’ll
get in the water as soon as we can.
Please email Richard on
email@example.com if you’re interested so we can get a sense of
numbers but members welcome to just turn up on the night.
All SLSC members* welcome, £10 per session.
(*you don’t need a Lido pass to join these sessions, just membership)
If you are not a member, but would like to join the South London Swimming Club, please check our membership page. Membership should be taken out in advance.
Club only membership costs just £28 (£22 for 19-25 year olds).
Club only membership to SLSC entitles you to:
- improve your swimming at our Monday evening indoor training sessions from September to May and our Monday and Thursday evening open water training sessions at the Lido from June to August
- Saturday morning triathlon training at the Lido March to May
- water polo and synchronised swimming evening sessions in June and July
- reduced fees for open Club events, such as the Aquathon series and SwimRun
- reduced fees when you join the British Triathlon Federation (BTF). SLSC is affiliated to the BTF, look for South London Swimming Club when you select your club.
What club only membership does NOT entitle you to:
- Free entry into Tooting Bec Lido.
You must pay entry to the Lido during normal public opening times. This is £7.20 per swim, concessions available, to swim at the Lido from June to September only. You do not need to pay entry to the Lido when attending Monday and Thursday coaching sessions, galas, 110-length challenge or parties as they are held out of normal opening hours. You will need to pay to enter the lido to swim in the Sunday morning races.
- You cannot swim through the winter, from October to May, when the pool is closed to the public. You cannot use the club sauna in the winter.
- You can add an SLSC Annual Lido Pass to your Club membership which costs £110 (concessions available) and allows you to swim at the Lido as often as you like til 31 March 2019