SLSC training sessions
Autumn Swim and Fitness Sessions at Tooting Bec Lido.
Saturday mornings 8.30-10am. Starting 8th September.
Enjoyed the summer training? The Lido’s still warm and may get warmer with El Niño forecast! Why not come along to our Saturday morning swim and fitness sessions suitable for all levels.
Format will be flexible focusing on open water swim fitness with some poolside strength and conditioning exercises as the Lido cools..
Depending on interest we will keep going as long as possible with the option of doing more running and static bike training later in the year.
Sessions coached by Krista and team from RG Active.
Cost £5 SLSC members, £8 non-members. Incredible value!
Contact Tim for more information.
Swim training sessions for SLSC members
(you don’t need a Lido pass to join these sessions, just membership)
Monday evenings at Ernest Bevin School
8.30 – 9.30pm September 2018 to June 2019. Sessions cost £5.
Indoor swim fitness sessions with coach Aymeric at Ernest Bevan School pool, Beechcroft Road, SW17
Please email: email@example.com for more information.
Monday and Thursday Summer evenings at Tooting Bec Lido
7.30 – 8.45pm from June – August 2018. Sessions cost £5.
Open water swim training sessions concentrating on open water skills and distance training. Wetsuits are advised, but not compulsory.
Sessions are suitable for anyone aged 18 years or older looking to improve or maintain their swimming fitness level. Swimmers should be able to comfortably swim 1km in a pool.
If you are not a member, but would like to join the South London Swimming Club, please check our membership page. Club only membership should be taken out in advance.
Club only membership costs just £28 (£22 for 19-25 year olds).
Club only membership to SLSC entitles you to:
- improve your swimming at our Monday evening indoor training sessions from September to May and our Monday and Thursday evening open water training sessions at the Lido from June to August
- Saturday morning triathlon training at the Lido March to May
water polo and synchronised swimming evening sessions in June and July
- reduced fees for open Club events, such as the Aquathon series and SwimRun
- reduced fees when you join the British Triathlon Federation (BTF). SLSC is affiliated to the BTF, look for South London Swimming Club when you select your club.
What club only membership does NOT entitle you to:
- Free entry into Tooting Bec Lido.
You must pay entry to the Lido during normal public opening times. This is £7.20 per swim, concessions available, to swim at the Lido from June to September only. You do not need to pay entry to the Lido when attending Monday and Thursday coaching sessions, galas, 110-length challenge or parties as they are held out of normal opening hours. You will need to pay to enter the lido to swim in the Sunday morning races.
- You cannot swim through the winter, from October to May, when the pool is closed to the public. You cannot use the club sauna in the winter.
- You can add an SLSC Annual Lido Pass to your Club membership which costs £110 (concessions available) and allows you to swim at the Lido from 1 November, as often as you like til 31 March 2019