SLSC training sessions
Swim training sessions for SLSC members
(you don’t need a Lido pass to join these sessions, just membership)
Monday and Thursday Summer evenings at Tooting Bec Lido
7.30 – 8.45pm from June – August 2018. Sessions cost £5.
Open water swim training sessions concentrating on open water skills and distance training. Wetsuits are advised, but not compulsory.
Sessions are suitable for anyone aged 18 years or older looking to improve or maintain their swimming fitness level. Swimmers should be able to comfortably swim 1km in a pool.
Monday evenings at Ernest Bevin School
8.30 – 9.30pm September 2017 to June 2018. Sessions cost £5.
Indoor swim fitness sessions with coach Aymeric at Ernest Bevan School pool, Beechcroft Road, SW17
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you are not a member, but would like to join the South London Swimming Club, please check our membership page. Club only membership should be taken out in advance.
Club only membership costs just £28 (£22 for 19-25 year olds).
Club only membership to SLSC entitles you to:
- improve your swimming at our Monday evening indoor training sessions from September to May and our Monday and Thursday evening open water training sessions at the Lido from June to August
- Saturday morning triathlon training at the Lido March to May
water polo and synchronised swimming evening sessions in June and July
- reduced fees for open Club events, such as the Aquathon series and SwimRun
- reduced fees when you join the British Triathlon Federation (BTF). SLSC is affiliated to the BTF, look for South London Swimming Club when you select your club.
What club only membership does NOT entitle you to:
- Free entry into Tooting Bec Lido.
You must pay entry to the Lido during normal public opening times. This is £7.20 per swim, concessions available, to swim at the Lido from June to September only. You do not need to pay entry to the Lido when attending Monday and Thursday coaching sessions, galas, 110-length challenge or parties as they are held out of normal opening hours. You will need to pay to enter the lido to swim in the Sunday morning races.
- You cannot swim through the winter, from October to May, when the pool is closed to the public. You cannot use the club sauna in the winter.
- You can add an SLSC Annual Lido Pass to your Club membership which costs £110 (concessions available) and allows you to swim at the Lido from 1 November, as often as you like til 31 March 2019
Saturday mornings at Tooting Bec Lido
8.30 – 10am from 10 March to 26 May 2018
Come along and get ready for the new triathlon season, have fun and get fit. All ability and fitness levels welcome – Age groupers to novices – Jon will make sure everyone is challenged!
Session format now that the water is above 13C:
Open water swimming fitness and skills followed by bike/run/conditioning intervals.
For swimming sessions wetsuits are advised.
For bike sessions we have turbo trainers to reserve or bring you own.
Bring your own bike and running kit.
Coached by our experienced local British Triathlon level 3 coach, Jon Horsman.
Contact SLSC Triathlon for information and to book a turbo.
SLSC Members – £5 on the day or book 6 weeks for £25
Other tri club members – £8 on the day or book 6 weeks for £40