Join the South London Swimming Club and enjoy swimming at Tooting Bec Lido all year round
Covid 19 (Coronavirus) Places Leisure information for customers click here
We are one of England’s oldest swimming clubs, founded in 1906, and have been holding our races at Tooting Bec Lido since 1908. We are a very sociable and inclusive club with members from birth to 90 and every kind of swimmer from those wanting a leisurely meander through to long distance swimmers training for the Channel. We hold many events in addition to and alongside swimming activities and have a contract for exclusive use of the Lido in winter.
Please remember the SLSC is a members’ club, not a service provider. As a club member you are expected to support the Club’s objectives, volunteer at Club events and play a part in the running of the Club to ensure the future of the Lido. If you would like to help in any way have a chat with a committee member or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Club membership entitles you to take advantage of the following:
- buy a Tooting Bec Lido pass and swim as often as you like for free throughout the year including from October to May and September weekday evenings when the pool is closed to the public
- join in the Sunday morning handicap races – they’re not too serious and there’s coffee and cake afterwards
- galas against other clubs
- use of the Club sauna in the winter (sauna open from 1 November to 1 April)
- improve your swimming at our Monday evening and Sunday morning indoor training sessions from September to May and our Monday and Thursday evening open water training sessions at the Lido from June to August
- Saturday morning swim and fitness training at the Lido March to May and September to November
water polo and synchronised swimming evening sessions in June and July
- regular newsletters to keep you updated about what’s happening at the Lido
- reduced fees for open Club events, such as the Aquathon series and SwimRun
- reduced fees when you join the British Triathlon Federation (BTF). SLSC is affiliated to the BTF, look for South London Swimming Club when you select your club.
Our fees are made up of the Club membership subscription plus a Tooting Bec Lido pass fee to use the Lido as often as you like. You can see our fees for different categories of membership here.
Renew your membership
For further information see FAQs or email: email@example.com
Click here for club rules.